CAPS: Certified Apartment
Portfolio Supervisor Course
Taught by: Vicki Sharp, NALP, CDPM, CAPS
Credential Program Synopsis
Earning your CAPS takes you to the next level in property management. It fast-tracks your career advancement and your corresponding earning potential.
You'll learn about:
- Recruiting high-performing employees
- Employee performance, engagement, and retention
- Minimizing conflict through stakeholder communications
- Ethical behavior and conflicts of interest
- Annual operating budgets and owner performance objectives
- Property and portfolio results
- Due diligence process
- Property takeover process
- Capital improvement plans
- Managing risk through inspections, follow-up procedures, and incident reporting compliance
- Minimizing legal risk and liability
- Regulatory agency oversight of assisted housing
- Analyzing property performance data to inform action
- Management agreements
- Evaluating and reporting property performance using key performance indicators
To obtain the CAPS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 24 months employment as a multi-site supervisor or be either a CAM, ARM or RAM credential holder in good standing.
- Successful completion of all CAPS course work (totaling 40 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
Class Dates at SAAA:
10/22/2019 - 10/25/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
PEP Members $ 1260.00
For More Information:
Cancellations must be made by October 14th.
Cancellations must be received by deadline date to receive a refund. The reservation fee(s) will be due if notice of cancellation is not received. Faxed and emailed reservations are considered confirmed. No-shows will be billed. I understand that by providing the fax number and email address above, on behalf of my company/organization/property, that I am authorized to and hereby consent for the company/organization/property to receive faxes and email notices sent by or on behalf of the San Antonio Apartment Association.