"I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me."- Maya Angelou
REPRESENTING THE INTERESTS OF APARTMENT & RENTAL HOUSING OWNERS, BUILDERS, DEVELOPERS AND MANAGEMENT
For well over 40 years, the TEXAS APARTMENT ASSOCIATION has represented the views of rental housing owners, builders, developers
- TAA is the only organization representing all aspects of the rental housing industry with a full-time presence at the state capitol and before more than 20 state regulatory agencies.
- We have more than 10,400 members and represent 1.7 million units throughout the state.
- TAA advocates legislation designed to address the pressing problems and concerns of rental housing owners and professionals.
- TAA has been a key proponent of legislation to increase security measures for residents of rental housing. We've supported legislation that has set the standard for security devices required in residential rental housing, as well as fencing requirements for pool yards. TAA has also been instrumental in supporting the passage of meaningful tort reform in the state of Texas.
- TAA works closely with the NATIONAL APARTMENT ASSOCIATION / NATIONAL
MULTIHOUSINGCOUNCIL Joint Legislative Office on federal issues affecting the multifamily rental housing industry, such as fair housing and environmental regulations.
- The TAA staff advises local associations on city and county ordinances and other issues.
- Through grassroots activities and one of the largest trade association Political Action Committees in the state, TAA supports candidates for the Texas Legislature and statewide office who will be receptive to industry positions.
- TAA members play a crucial role in our success. Personal contact between our members and legislators who pass laws is the most important tool TAA has to bring about positive change for the rental housing industry.
All SAAA members also belong to the National Apartment Association (NAA) in Washington D.C., which speaks for our industry on a national level.
The national association, in partnership with the National Multi Housing Council, maintains a full-time legislative staff that monitors national legislative activity and lobbies for our industry’s interests.
SAAA volunteer members serve on the NAA Legislative Committee and maintain contact with our U.S. Senators and U.S. Representatives to enable them to understand the apartment industry’s point of view.
THE NATIONAL APARTMENT ASSOCIATION (NAA) is America's leading advocate for quality rental housing. NAA's mission is to serve the interests of multifamily housing owners, managers, developers
NAA is a federation of 170 state and local affiliates, comprised of more than 55,000 multifamily housing companies representing more than 6.2 million apartment homes throughout the United States and Canada. Members in good standing of any affiliated association are automatically considered members of NAA and entitled to NAA benefits.
Our members represent all facets of the multifamily housing industry: apartment owners, management executives, developers, builders, investors, property managers, leasing consultants, maintenance personnel, suppliers and related business professionals throughout the United States and Canada.
NAA provides a wealth of information through advocacy, research, technology, education
We continually provide education and training opportunities for both multi-site managers and onsite staff. The NAA Education Institute offers six nationally recognized designation programs and actively promotes the apartment industry as a viable career choice.
NAA publishes the monthly units Magazine and other industry publications.
In addition, NAA offers the industry’s premier education conference and trade show, the NAA Education Conference & Exposition, attracting thousands of multifamily housing professionals seeking education, networking and business opportunities.
Our purpose is to support an industry that offers safe, affordable multifamily housing to the public, equitably compensates its