Committed to serve the local apartment and rental housing industry.
Welcome to the San Antonio Apartment Association!
The San Antonio Apartment Association (SAAA) is a non-profit trade association composed of diverse groups representing and serving the multi-family and rental housing industry whose purpose is to participate in the legislative process, promote professionalism through education, provide a means of communication to our members and support the surrounding communities.
We are comprised of over 1500 Property Owners, Management Companies and Multi-family Communities representing over 200,000 rental units. Our membership includes over 360 supplier companies providing products and services to our industry.
Visit Us At:
We moved into our building in January 2009 which was built with education and permanence in mind. The Barbara C. MacManus Professional Development Center can house up to 110 attendees. We are located across from Bamberger Way Nature Park between Hausman and De Zavala, near UTSA. Our hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
ADA Compliance Statement: The San Antonio Apartment Association, Inc. ("SAAA"), is committed to upholding the standards of, and strictly complying with, the Americans with Disabilities Act (the "ADA"). It is the policy of SAAA to allow Service Dogs and Service Miniature Horses to accompany the person for whom the animal is providing a service in the areas of public accommodation at the office of SAAA and at SAAA events, programs and classes.
The San Antonio Apartment Association educates, communicates and advocates for professionals in the rental housing industry.
A future where rental housing is a valuable partner in every community, where everyone has a home.
Counties Served: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, La Salle, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Wilson
The San Antonio Apartment Association was founded in 1964.
Bob Ross elected first president
- Enid White hired as first employee at $50/month
- 35 members attended monthly meeting at San Antonio Inn
- First apartment management school conducted (forerunner of CAM)
- First regular office opened at 10303 Sahara Drive; Cliff Morton donated adding machine and Allstate Furniture (now Cort) provided furniture at no cost
- Occupancy survey started
- Magazine started
Started selling TAA leases
NAA authorized development of CAM course (Barbara MacManus and Enid White participated in coordinating effort)
Started selling TAA REDBOOK
- First Trade Show
- First CAM course
MAC-CAM Club (forerunner of CAM Council and Professional Designates Committee (PDC) founded
Barbara MacManus and Bob Ross selected SAAA lifetime Board members
Barbara MacManus and Bob Ross selected as first recipients of Stanley Hammer, Jr. Memorial Award
First PLP and CAPS modules
Office moved to 2929 Mossrock
CAMT Council founded
Completed first strategic plan for the Association
- Began providing industry compensation survey
- Began providing market conditions report with rent and occupancy data
- Started selling TAA Bluebook
- New NALP course offered
- New CAM course offered
- Began providing industry operating expense survey
Office moved to 4204 Gardendale, Ste. 200
Office moved to 6363 De Zavala, Ste. 300
- Office moved to 7525 Babcock Road
- Government Relations Director Hired
- Established Independent Rental Owner (IRO)
- First Business Exchange and Maintenance Mania events
- Social Media Added (Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, and
- Leadership Lyceum Task Force
- Bylaws Revision – 10-6-11
- Future Fund Drive
- Launched new website
- First Leadership
- New high-water marks for the following:
- Over $30,000 raised for American Red Cross
- $57,079 raised for PAC
- Jubilee Year! SAAA Celebrates 50 years!
- SAAA changes branding to reflect 50 years
- Education Center named the Barbara C. MacManus Professional Development Center
- New Sponsorship Program is launched
- SAAA updates logo and branding theme/colors
websiteredesign to reflect newbranding
- New record attendance at Annual Tradeshow
- Bylaws Revision -
- SAAA Board Adopted the new Vision Statement
websiteredesign and new Association Management Software to improve member service